Reasons for PayPal Popularity Among Gamblers
Published on September 18 2018
Anyone who has shopped or done business online will have likely come across PayPal as a method of payment. While PayPal started as just an adjunct of eBay, it has now expanded to become one of the biggest online payment methods available today. So naturally, gamers will want to know whether or not they can use PayPal when playing at their favourite online casinos in New Zealand. And the answer is yes, in most cases.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is not a bank. It serves as a conduit between the buyers and sellers of goods and services online. Consequently, it is not regulated the way a bank is; however, that doesn’t mean that PayPal is risky. On the contrary, PayPal is considered to be one of the most secure methods of payment available. It encrypts all its data, making it an extremely safe and secure e-wallet payment method.
Who can use PayPal?
Setting up a PayPal account is easy, provided you have a valid email address and a credit card or a bank account. It’s available to customers and sellers all over the world and is extremely simple to use. There are minimal fees charged, mostly to those who receive money; paying online via PayPal costs nothing.
Can PayPal be used in casinos?
PayPal values customer safety. Consequently, it is available to be used only in licenced casinos, or casinos which comply with specific laws and regulations. Therefore, it’s fair to say that if you are looking for PayPal casinos, these casinos have met the stringent rules set down by PayPal, and thus are highly likely to operate with your safety and wellbeing in mind.
Recommended PayPal casinos 2018
Fortunately, most New Zealand casinos are approved by PayPal; therefore your favourite online casinos in New Zealand are likely to be on PayPal’s approved list. Ruby Fortune, Spin Palace, Jackpot City, Casino Room, and 888 are all in the recommended PayPal casinos 2018 list.
How can I use PayPal?
If you are at your favourite online casino and you haven’t yet created a PayPal account, you can do it by selecting the PayPal icon when you create your casino account. It will take you a few minutes to set up PayPal, but once it’s done, you can use PayPal to pay for your casino games, as well as collecting your winnings.
Advantages of PayPal
- Security. PayPal uses top of the line safety features to make sure that its customers’ account details are protected.
- Available worldwide. As one of the biggest online payment methods today, it’s available to customers all over the globe.
- Easy to set up. It only takes a few minutes to create a PayPal account, and once you’ve done so, you can use it to both pay and receive money.
- Low cost. There are no charges for paying for services online.
- In-built currency converter. Just select the currency you would like to use when spending money, or when withdrawing funds.
Disadvantages of PayPal
- Restricted use. As mentioned, not all online casinos are allowed to use PayPal. However, this is because PayPal is only available to the licensed, regulated casinos.
- Fees. While there are no fees when paying for services, there is a fee for receiving money.
- Accounts can be frozen. If PayPal has any doubts about your account, they can freeze your money, and it can take time to access it.
Because of its safety features, and its determination not to deal with dodgy casinos, you are pretty safe using PayPal when playing casino games online.